View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 08:20 PM

somenoise is on a distinguished road

somenoise is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crikeymike View Post
Oh, and make sure to use an allen key to hold the strut shaft from spinning when you rotate the top nut.

Yeah, if the washers are curved inwards towards the middle of the UCA's, then they'll need to take those out and flip them (not a quick job unfortunately).

I had a guy last year that was chasing a squeak forever with everything else verified and done up right, and it was the UCA washers facing the wrong way that was the problem. When you tighten up the bushings first, see if the noise goes away, as I bet it will.
Thanks for this. Do you happen to know what size allen key size I'll need? I just realized my regular allen keys don't have the clearance in the wheel well to fit, so I'll have to order some slim ones instead. Want to make sure I get the right size.

I also checked the UCA washers and the last bit flares out away from the UCA, so it looks like those are on ok.
somenoise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote