Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 04:56 PM

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute
It's all about the budget I guess.. If you have the ability to do all the work yourself it could very well be worth it if you're up for the amount of time it would take to overhaul everything. If you're looking to pay someone I would say you're better off throwing that same money into a newer rig.

There are plenty of updates to do to get the creature comforts up to date, but keep in mind that even with some of the best, most expensive aftermarket options it probably won't be up to far with what is available from the factory.

A good head unit and speaker upgrade alone can run anywhere from $700 on the low end to over $2000 for good quality components and replacing everything in the rig now. I have a nice updated headunit with apple car play and it works with my steeringwheel controls, I replaced all the speakers and subs, but even on my budget build I am in roughly 1100 total just for parts.

If you're not looking to build an off road capable rig, factory components can be overhauled fairly cheap with good aftermarket components (again, if you can do the work yourself). A decent engine refresh with the timing chain, water pump, gaskets, seals, etc would run you 400-800 bucks depending on what all you elect to replace and will keep the V8 chugging along for a long long time.

One thing to consider is also replacing the headers/cats because if they haven't already, they'll either crack or go the cats will die (or both) and you'll need to replace that. Those parts if you want quality replacement aren't cheap either.

Wheel bearings, driveshaft joints, etc all should be refreshed, all bushings, steering rack, etc.

Without pricing everything out I would say a healthy budget for a solid rebuild/refresh would probably be somewhere in the 3500-5000 range and would keep it going for years especially since you don't have any rust.
aemravan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote