Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 06:37 PM

Toystory2 will become famous soon enough

Toystory2 will become famous soon enough
Can anyone identify this noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad30 View Post
Tough one from video audio but my guess would be power steering pump based on the initial cold start up and it being intermittent as well as turning the wheel. Fluid may be going bad or low.

I’m sure you checked already but if your fluid level is good, how old is the fluid? If you have the time try flushing with new fluid. If not, try just freshening it up a bit and see what happens. Just use one of those fluid extractors and pull as much fluid out without going below the minimum line, fill with new atf, Run it cycle it and do it again a couple times , maybe after getting home from work etc. quick easy way to freshen it up a bit until you have time to fully flush it. Of course if the fluid happens to be nasty looking, do the flush asap.

If this isn’t the cause, Worst case scenario is you freshen up your power steering fluid and just a couple minutes of your time a few times

I have a feeling it is tho!

Appreciate the reply. Power steering issue does make sense since it tends to generate the noise while turning sharply (but not always). I’ve only had the rig 4 months so unsure of how old the ps fluid is. It appeared to have a honey color when I checked a couple months back. Wouldn’t hurt to flush it tho. I’ll read up on that. Anything else to look for that would point to a ps issue? I mean it seems to turn fine like normal, just makes a noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toystory2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote