Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 05:53 PM

Turfboy will become famous soon enough

Turfboy will become famous soon enough
My scenario here in Idaho would be going up White Bird Hill. It is a 7 mile 7% grade that climbs 2700 ft. During the summer it will easily be in the 90s there. I typically fill up in Boise which is about 200 miles away. Not sure what my gas mileage will be with the supercharger but at 10+- mpg I would be close to the qtr tank. I think it would bug the heck out of me to find a gas station just to make it up the hill.

Besides White Bird, there are many smaller, more remote areas I go into during the summer where I am running at less than a qtr tank when I am coming back. Those trips also have some nasty grades and NO ability to fill up. My overall average MPG is 20 so I will definitely have an adjustment between fill ups once I get the supercharger on but for me the surge tank is a belt to the suspenders approach so I don't have to use the Garmin for a rescue. If I am pulling a camper, I may have to start bringing gas cans. Time will tell.