Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 06:47 PM

bob3dsf will become famous soon enough

bob3dsf will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dobalina View Post
I just did all 4 wheels- rotors, pads and calipers on my 07.

I used all NAPA parts and got 20% off with my AAA membership.

The calipers come pre-painted.

Front was very straight forward, rear was little bit more complicated. The internal drum brake on the rotor fell apart on one side and i almost gave up trying to re-assemble.

Make sure to watch the videos on line and make sure the video show how to loosen the rear parking brake adjuster nut. It is completely invisible inside the rotor and you have to rely on feel to adjust it.
Man, I had something similar happen. I wanted to check the wear of my parking brake pads. I thought I had them completely retracted. I go to pull the rotor and it won't come off all the way. I figure it's stuck, so I grab a bolt to push it off and I use my impact. It came off, but so did all the innards. I was able to get it all back together but it wasn't fun. I wound up picking up one of those brake spring tools that looks like a screw driver with a cup thing on the end. Haven't used it yet, but I wanted to be better prepared for the next time, cuz it'll like happen again to me. Definitely watch some videos so you have a little preparation.