Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 12:40 PM

Fatdamon is on a distinguished road

Fatdamon is on a distinguished road
Moab is a blast! I've done a lot of trails in my 19 ORP. Biggest thing I could recommend that you may not have is a subscription to trailsoffroad.com and a gpx viewer app. A lot of the trails out there are intertwined with each other and it can be confusing figuring out which way to go. Getting lost and not caring can be fun but when you are up on a plateau, the sun is going down, and you've been wheeling for 8-10 hours already, sometimes you just want to get back out. That or you are trying to get to that scenic overlook for an awesome view and just can't seem to figure out which trail goes to it.

I'm on android and have just the free version of GPX Viewer from the google play store. Easy to use, doesn't consume a ton of battery life on a phone, and just works. I upgraded my head unit to a T10 last year so I just run the app there now but same difference. Download your trail gpx files before you go or on the day and you will always be able to figure out where to go. Gaia GPS is obviously a better product but has a fee associated and I'm sure there a bunch of others too.
Fatdamon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote