Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 02:58 PM

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold
Sorry for being slow moving. We have some family health stuff going on that has definitely not helped to expedite this. I appreciate everyone's patience as we slowly but surely move foreward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessblockades View Post
I don't recall seeing pricing but it might be a good time to issue some guidance while buyers are seeing BF 'sales' this month.

If I'm not mistaken, these are DIY as far as welding goes, so that needs to be factored in.
Yes this will be WIY and that does need to be considered for someones "overall cost". However we are definitely trying to make this thing go together with WAY less fab time than is typical with WIY bumpers. I'm betting (don't quote me on this! lol) once I get all these tweaks done, you'll be able to weld this thing together in a couple of hours.

No BF deals as this will not be on the market until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Overland View Post
Looks much better than I anticipated!

This may have been covered, but what are you looking at price-wise?
The main thing holding me back from buying a winch bumper are the ridiculous $1k+ prices.
Thanks!

No pricing yet. We are just getting our raw materials cost down and still need to factor in a few things like bolts/hardware. But of course, with this being a prototype, I've already got a list of about 25 things that I'm working on changing right now to improve the next version - which will in turn change our costs. Things I'm working through:

- better plate fitment and the ability for the bumper to have some wiggle room knowing that each truck will be slightly different
- more "keying" so the WIY build process is as absolutely simple and intuitive as possible
- working on the aesthetics of those tapered corners: I'm not liking the "bulky" flat plate surface that extends over to the front factory bodymount location. I might even open this up significantly to allow the winch solenoid to be mounted there (or even a set of lights)
- reworking our factory bumper mounts: need to get the factory bumper closer to the body and allow for some adjustability. People should be able to set the gap between body and factory bumper
- Working on a few tweaks to help decrease production costs (re-working and moving some bends)

Last edited by rickashay; 11-18-2021 at 03:00 PM.
rickashay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote