Site Navigation

Thread: springs/shocks
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 04:47 PM

Simmer is on a distinguished road

Simmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl4Rk View Post
You wanted to see 906s: here’s my 2000 with Bilstein 5100s, OME 880 / 906 (often listed as 2880 and 2906 when sold as pairs, the 906s are side-specific to mitigate driver side lean), and 265/75/16 tires. I also replaced nearly all my bushings with poly and have @eimkeith ‘s Panhard correction kit.

Not sure if it’s my oversized fender flares or my color combo or factory wheels, but visually the 2” lift really doesn’t seem too high. It looks pretty balanced to my eye. Rides nice. Fine for daily.

Of course, if you’re replacing original shocks, springs, and bushings, then virtually anything you decide on will be an improvement.

(Oh, and obligatory PSA: replace your LBJs and bolts with OEM parts, and replace your radiator (or bypass with external ATF cooler) if you have an automatic.)

Thank you for posting these, this looks great and I could totally see doing this. I wouldn't want it any higher but I like the way it sits/looks. Did you have to do a diff drop for the CV angle or anything fancy? I see the panhard kit you mentioned I will definitely be purchasing that for sure.

Why do you recommend OEM LBJ vs something like icon or whatnot? I've had people tell me leave as is, replace with OEM, and replace with aftermarket.

I do have an automatic, I just replaced the radiator but did the OEM where it's separated with the transmission cooler section at the base. I actually just did an entire motor/tranny swap with refurb so I did all the coolant lines, radiator, etc. I've heard of the bad stuff that can happen there with the strawberry milkshake but I think since it's all new stuff I'm good for a while on that. I appreciate the PSA though no doubt. I like hearing about these known important things that I may or may not know of to do.
Simmer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote