View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 01:57 PM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrant318 View Post
I was posting before on another thread about repairing the head. Unfortunately where I live none of the mechanics/shops would touch the Job. Said the threads were way too blown out to helicoil or put in a timesert. Called and stopped in at several shops, explained the situation and they wouldn't do it and couldn't even recommend a shop that would. So with only 180k and the 200k miles maintenance done I figured I'd replace the head before trying a motor swap or selling to a scrap yard..
I call bullshit that the threads are supposedly "Too Blown Out". Of course they are blown out because that's why the spark plug shot out in the first place.
Having the threads Too Blown Out is literally impossible because you need to drill a bigger hole into the head and then re-tap for the helicoil or time sert. So, even if the threads were completely gone, it doesn't matter because you're going to be drilling a bigger hole anyway.

Dude, you don't need a shop because it sounds like they all have their heads up their asses anyway giving you shitty advice. Do yourself a favor and watch my video. You can do this job all on your own. Trust me. It's not rocket science.