Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 02:21 PM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyral View Post
Maybe its a sign that the third gen is starting to edge closer to the classic T4Rs. Most of their forums are pretty dead and gone, I guess not a lot of people want to daily a car with no side crash protection, abs, airbags, or other modern features.

The newest 3rd gens will be turning 20 next year, 3rd gens have stuck around a lot better than any generation before it but no vehicle is impervious to time (except the DeLorean)
You make a valid point but I just see way too many 3rd Gens on the roads to believe they are coming anywhere close to the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen status yet. Maybe it's just where I live. The western states are full of 3rd Gens.

I have a feeling it's more that people are going on Facebook pages more than they are going on forums. Also, when it comes down to it, people just lose interest and concentrate on other things. There was a really solid core of guys that contributed on T4R for years but a lot of them have pulled way back or have disappeared completely. I myself have fallen off from contributing to forums because I have found I get way more recognition for what I do from social media like Facebook pages and Instagram. I'll give you an example. I posted a 3.4 Engine Swap Video Series on this forum and it got some recognition rom a handful of people but not exactly what I was hoping for. I posted the same series on Toyota Enthusiast Facebook pages and the response was amazing. The forum we have the most fans of our channel is 3rd Gen Mafia. When I posted that engine swap series, it got over 1000 likes and tons of positive commentary. Knowing people appreciate what we do helps us stay motivated to keep doing it. We're making money, but it's nothing to write home about. With the time we put in, we are severely underpaid. Our favorite form of payment is hearing back from people that let us know our videos have helped them out.