View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 02:33 PM

BorotHex has a spectacular aura about BorotHex has a spectacular aura about

BorotHex has a spectacular aura about BorotHex has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentlesskaizen View Post
Must be yours. Mine had one rattle that has since went away. I will take some rattles in stride knowing I bought a car to last. Either way I hope your Honda serves you well, I had a couple high mileage ones in my early 20’s and they took me everywhere with out trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered if it was just mine and considered trading on a Tacoma, but listening to the dealer’s shuttle van and my loaner car told me to run. I do love how indestructible the drivetrain is, and off-road it has preformed very, very well.

You may not have heard an earlier comment, but I also have two mystery noises coming from the suspension. One is a chirp in the front that sounds like a dry bushing, that the dealer had the nerve to say is fluid transferring in the shocks. Yeah. LOL! The other is a bad rattling from the front on washboard roads. Keep in mind the suspension noises were there at 5,000 miles.

What I see as a senior engineer and a person who’s had 20+ new cars, switched out engines, rebuilt automatic transmissions, and done everything else you can do to cars for 30+ years, is that assembly is correct. It’s the engineering and manufacturing that is off. And honestly manufacturing issues that pass inspection are Toyota engineering issues, too.

I blame Toyota engineering for poor mechanical and industrial engineering practices, and I stand by that. I don’t blame assembly regardless of factory location. Proper engineering makes assembly the same regardless of where it is. I also don’t blame parts manufacturers. Proper engineering and observation from Toyota removes that issue.

Based on the three Toyotas I’ve recently driven or been riding in, something is very, very wrong with the computer design and simulations being performed during the design phase on these cars. Noise, vibration, and harshness have for some reason taken a back seat. It’s probably cost and Toyota riding on it’s reputation. There’s no way engineering would allow it without it coming down from the top.
BorotHex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote