View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 01:36 AM

Snory is on a distinguished road

Snory is on a distinguished road
Long time lurker second time commenting. Well first off a huge thank you to all of the great contributors to this site for the amazing amount of detailed and informative content that was been a lifesaver, for both myself and my wallet over the last few years. I’m so glad this site is around!

Alright onto business. So I had a bad bearing in the drivers rear a few weeks back, and after weighing my options I realized it was much more cost friendly to my student budget to not replace the bearing and instead to just buy a used left axle shaft with all the bits still on and just do a quick direct swap. Unfortunately I had zero time to do this myself so I had to take it to the shop to get it installed, which reportedly was quick and a painless. Well it has been about a month since with no prior problems, but when I was lubing the driveshaft and having a poke around the other day I noticed that my left tire has 12–6 o’clock play similar to what a bad bearing would exhibit, however there is no current signs of a bad bearing and I gave the part a very close inspection when I bought it and it seemed mint to me.

My question then is; if it is indeed not a bad bearing again what could this vertical north—south play in the wheel be caused by? TIA!

Last edited by Snory; 12-06-2021 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Typo
Snory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote