Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 02:45 PM

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Ark View Post
2000 Limited thoughts on value ? Found a one owner Limited with 99,000 on the clock, allegedly unmolested and no accidents. From photos, very good condition. Leather drivers seat normal cracks and normal nicks in front end from driving much like any car will get. White in color not that it makes a world of difference. Used car prices in general are ridiculous and I am not in a rush but if something comes up at a good price, I'd buy. Southern car, no rust.

What do you feel is a realistic price ?
I bought mine before the wu-flu insanity, a bit less than double the miles but otherwise the same for $6500. Not sure why people think less miles is better (to a point), just means it wasn't driven as much so there's more potential for plastic/rubber part failure. I've seen low mile motorcycles with engine gaskets that leaked because they dry-rotted... talking 40 year old engines with a thousand or two miles. But if the seller is one of those who thinks low miles always means more money, it'll be listed too high for an economical daily driver (you're still going to have to replace all the parts as a 200, 300 or 400k vehicle, actually probably more as the higher mileage units will likely have had some replacements).

Todays market, a "needs everything maintenance/consumable" is probably a good deal at $7k, gives you the ~$3k needed to buy the parts and do the work yourself, landing at a $10k vehicle that *MIGHT* sell for $10k. If you're willing to eat some money on the deal, decide how much and rise the initial price from there. A 4r with 100k miles has a little more room for that BaT magic, but those are the oddball exceptions and I wouldn't bet my next months mortgage on it.