View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 09:24 AM

RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold

RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold RichinRidgewood is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippersnapper02 View Post
I really like the new Explorers but in my eyes they are more of a car than a SUV due to the lower ride height, ground clearance and AWD. I wanted real 4wd and offroad mod options so I went with the Runner. The gadgets are nice but I can add what I want to my Runner. The extra power is nice but the turbos are more parts to fail and I'm not driving a race vehicle.

I do agree that it is more car-like than the 4Runner but with a trailer tow of 5400 pounds and a GVWR over 6500 pounds it is a truck that's for sure. It is a RWD platform and thats says a lot and one of only a couple available now. After enjoying the content my wife Acura TLX AWD has and seeing it on the Explorer/Aviator and many other SUVs in it class, the 4Runner has really shown its age and how much Toyota has ignored it. Driving on two tracks is about the extent of my off-roading like 99% of 4Runners I bet. I do use the truck to haul things often. I do like the few inches of height advantage the 4Runner has, and its commanding view, but I would gladly trade that for better fuel economy, better on-road behavior and up to date features packages.

I'm not concerned about turbo engines any longer. Ford won LeMans with their twin-turbocharged Ford EcoBoost V6 engine 647 hp / 550 lb⋅ft. It was a truck engine with significant amount of production parts in it. They know what they are doing.

I believe the Explorer/Aviator AWD system is a 4WD system unlike the fwd-car based systems.

In 2020 the Explorer was a 1st year vehicle so I didnt considered then.
RichinRidgewood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote