View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 05:26 AM

scottpush is on a distinguished road

scottpush is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRasch505 View Post
Definitely wish I had seen this sooner but I'll add another story or two for folks down the line.

When we bought our Tacoma in 2019 we knew what we wanted and what we were willing to pay with our own pre-approved financing. We start the negotiation and the manager tells us "All you want to look at is payment, not cost. Payment is the only thing you should be concerned with". We kept stating that we wanted a specific price out the door. This back and forth went on and on for 10 minutes or so. Eventually the manager stands up, tells the salesperson "come on" and just walks away. We sat there for 15 minutes and he never came back. We noticed him helping other folks so we just left and purchased elsewhere

Fast forward to this year when looking for a 22 ORP 4R. Salesperson is super friendly and invites me to drive a used 4R to see if we like it. After the drive we start looking at allocations and he says "it's $1,000 to get on the list and then we will try to find you an allocation". I asked if I could order one specific and he bring in the manager with a stern "No orders are allowed". I then ask if I get my deposit back in the event they don't find a vehicle that matches our desired spec and the manager says "We don't refund deposits, if you don't find one that's perfect, pick one close".

Toyota dealers in ABQ suck. We purchased our ORP in Durango and it's exactly what we want with no headaches.
Holy crap. I've been waiting for almost 3 months to get a 2022 lunar rock ORP from here in MD. The dealer handed me back my $500 deposit for some reason 2 weeks ago. The salesman I was working with said they don't like to hold deposits for too long. You can't believe anything any of these guys say.

I go to ABQ about 3 times/yr. Have a brother and mother who live there. I was thinking of buying in NM but won't bother now. My brother loves Durango and bought land there. I think I need to check them out! I can't believe how hard it is to buy a LR ORP but at least I have a Ford Escape to get me around until then...thanks a lot for your post!
scottpush is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote