Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 05:35 AM

scottpush is on a distinguished road

scottpush is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwitty View Post
I feel like I should provide my experience to future buyers.

I had been searching across the US to try and find a nautical blue 4runner TRD ORP with KDSS. I was being particular about the SUV as I have been saving for over a year to buy cash. I finally found one that was scheduled to arrive to Larry Miller Toyota in New Mexico so I worked with them to get the vehicle. I lived out of state.

My initial experience with Larry Miller Toyota was very good. My salesperson was very helpful and kept in contact with me. I appreciated his efforts while making this deal. I placed a hefty deposit down on a new vehicle (2021 4runner TRD ORP) and was told of an estimated time of arrival. I was from out of state so I made some work schedule arrangements to pick up the vehicle at that time. I understood that the vehicle could certainly arrive at another date but had some reassurance that the date was usually pretty close. There were a few additions (badging, valances to match, tires) I wanted to make to the vehicle and inquired as to whether the dealership could do this. I was pleasantly surprised that they were. I thought everything was going great until the last week before the vehicle's scheduled arrival.

I was informed that the vehicle was arriving about a week early from overseas. I thought this would be a good thing. However, I was informed that I HAD to get the vehicle within a few days of its arrival or they WOULD NOT sell the vehicle to me DESPITE having the $1000 deposit down for weeks. There was no way that I could get time off work, rearrange an entire schedule etc to go to get the vehicle with that short of notice. They were telling me this even before the vehicle had even arrived on the lot. What's worse, is that at the same time I had another dealership call me to tell me they had since obtained the same vehicle much closer to home but because the Larry Miller salesperson had helped me and built the relationship with me I declined that vehicle even though it was 10hrs closer to home and I wanted to be fair to the salesperson.

Even worse than that, is that they tried to KEEP my $1000 despite being the ones who essentially bailed on the deal! They put me in an untenable situation and tried to keep my money as well. Fortunately, I was eventually able to secure a refund (either from my bank or the dealer or the bank contacted the dealer - I don't know). Chase was very helpful with this complaint.

This was a very disappointing turn of events. I was excited to get the new vehicle. I am just glad i had not bought my plane ticket at the time.

I would HIGHLY caution anyone from buying a vehicle in a similar situation. I would also HIGHLY recommend that all the details regarding any deposit are VERY CLEARLY STATED and in written form. They were not on mine.

Good luck out there.
Thanks for this. I'll stay away from these jerks. I go to ABQ 3 times/yr to visit family. Looking for a 2022 lunar rock ORP.
scottpush is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote