Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 12:27 PM

willyd520 will become famous soon enough

willyd520 will become famous soon enough
So time for a little update on this - I finally caved in and hired a PI in Las Vegas to track down the owner through the VIN. They were able to find the owners information very quickly and due to privacy laws had to contact them on my behalf to see if they were interested in selling the truck….

And they are!! Picking it up on Saturday in Las Vegas and driving it home Sunday.

It does look a little bit different then when I sold it unfortunately, the previous owner had put on a roof rack for a kayak, bedlined all of the chrome on the bumpers poorly and swapped out my BA Mickey Thompson wheels for some FJ Cruiser ones. Truck now has 230k miles on it, but other than those few things it is exactly the condition I left it in. Here’s an updated pic:

I can’t begin to describe how excited I am to have this back in my life – few things on the list for it:

• Going to rob the ARB bumper off my 04 Tacoma and throw it on
• Ditching the roof rack for a stock one
• Cleaning the rhino liner off of the bumper
• Installing new MT wheels
• Replace all fluids
• New upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends & anything else the front end needs
• Timing belt
• Valve cover gaskets
• Supercharger…..???!?!

With all this done I should be able to enjoy this rig for a long time and I am NOT letting go of it again.
willyd520 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote