Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 10:58 PM

Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough

Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough Bmnorm2 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfboy View Post
I am not sure. Today I did an uphill load test.... Holy Carp! I pegged the Ultra Gauge at 23 Lb boost. It was a completely different experience from driving the same hill W/O the Supercharger. The trans still needs training as I was pulling hard with no issues in 5th and then the trans downshifted on me and I was over 5k RPM. I noticed there were various levels of sound from the Supercharger. No load = No Sound, Moderate Load = Just getting started Sound, High Load = Deep Growl Get out of the way sound.

I also tested a quick merge onto the freeway. Could only get part way into the throttle as 35 to 75 was just so quick I overshot 75 and had to hit the brakes.

I did some 4wheeling on snow packed forrest service roads. No issues noted. The Supercharger did not engage at any time and the engine was its normal predictable self.

MPG is now at 20.2 as I has some highway time. Most of my MPG hit comes from the first 2 miles of driving. The Ultra Gauge indicates most of my driving is done Closed Loop, Very little boost or a little vacuum and timing advance 25-30 deg.
Awesome! Looking forward to some accel and sound videos!

I've never used Ultra Gauge, but 23 lbs boost? That must be reading in absolute pressure, right? Assuming sea level atmospheric pressure, 23 psi would be 15 psi atmosphere + 8 psi boost?

Last edited by Bmnorm2; 12-13-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Bmnorm2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote