Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 06:14 AM

4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light

4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light
A question for you all. I was up at the shop yesterday as we were making a plan to get to completion as well as finish a few small things so we can get out over the holidays later this month.

In any case the atlas is ready to be installed and yesterday we discussed something which I never thought we would. Last year I was one of it not first to do yummy tuck to gain ground clearance in middle of vehicle.

Now we are thinking of clocking the atlas down , losing 2-3" of ground clearance in middle of the vehicle so we could have a one piece front drive shaft. The ground clearance would be no lower than the 4 link mounting points and it would be a flat bottom under the atlas.

At the moment I gave a 2 piece front drive shaft due to the packaging issues. There is a short shaft with a carrier bearing and then front shaft which goes down to front diff. If we clock the atlas down it will allow us to clear a lot of things, and maybe even fit two cats back in.

So my question, is do you agree with me that sacrificing a small amount of ground clearance ( I have 43" tires is this really an issue) in order to have a single piece front drive shaft worth it? I think absolutely.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
4rNCMTNs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote