Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 12:19 PM

4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light

4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light
Originally we had the carrier bearing to keep it high and tight and keep it above the upper links. This kept the front shaft really short, which of course has limited the down travel. Do I really need 5"+ of more down travel in the front? Surely it will not hurt and make for some more fun.

At the moment I have single cardan drive shafts. In fact the rear shaft in there at the moment is the stock shaft that was lengthened and changed to 1410 u-joints. Once the atlas is put in we will have to get two new drive shafts not sure yet if we will go with single or double cardan yet. One step at a time for us at this point when we are so close to being 100% done. The angles when truck is on the ground is very good, but now looking at increased down travel will change things.

I have not tried the tires yet below 10# but yes they grip beyond belief and have potential to destroy a lot if not careful. We never intended on having these 43's or sticky mikey's so we are having go back and change things since we originally planned on 40"

Today we are taking out the springs and ordering new ones as what's in there is too soft. This is part of the reason for me having the issues with the bumps. This change today will come close to telling us if we go single or double cardan.

We need to fix the bump stop issues and that darn small rip in frame caused by it. We plated the frame a lot in the front and only a little in the back where we frenched the shock towers into the frame. that should all be done very soon and we will go back out for a second run with the truck. Probably back to Windrock or Harlan.

Sort list of things to do in no particular order:

1. fix 12 an line from steering res to pump, just need to make it a little longer to help with cooling.

2. Move gas tank forward a little forward and rotate charcoal canister to make room for rear winch, only because I own it and hate to see it sitting in cabinet.

3. close / dry in rear after the small amount of cutting we did...

4. exterior protection not sure what this means yet; armor, hybrid cage, combination. not sure yet.

5. trans cooler, maybe necessary maybe not. I think I will ere on the side of caution and have one put in. just need to find a place to put it. I'm thinking of using the howe heat exchanger or something like it in place a more traditional fan etc. I don't think we have a good place to put a fan....

6. at very end, abs sensors back in. Certainly not doing much if any highway driving but will do some small stuff around town (different set of wheels & tires). Can get speed from gps, but would be nice to not have all the lights on dash. Already have solution for steering light to be turned off from master tech at local toyota dealership. Also get the fuel gauge to work again. This is lots of little things which have no bearing on performance and just convenience.

It would be nice to be able to get two of the four cats put back in so I have a fighting chance to pass my emissions test. I have to get one in January but we have a "friend" to at least get it completed for '22.

If anyone what's specific photos of anything just let me know.

I hope to have more action videos up in new few weeks whenever we go out for next trip. Soon I hope to be able to be making much more. I have my tow vehicle and trailer now so not relying on others anymore.
4rNCMTNs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote