Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 03:25 PM

HutchOven is on a distinguished road

HutchOven is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairB View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. I know for a fact I am making the right call for me and my family.
I would think for kids in the rear, a cage is absolutely necessary. And there is no risk of smacking their head. I posted this just hoping for a couple guys that had done it and I just missed it. TONS of 1st and 2nd gen guys have internal cages and nobody seems to regret it and I don't see them wearing Helmets.

This is not my DD so ease of getting in and out isn't an issue. It will be driven on the road though. If it's a DD than it's probably not much of a serious offroader and more of a casual crawler or "overlander" build so I can see a cage not being necessary. Obviously I'm not going as hardcore as the Koh guys but maybe somewhere slightly headed in that direction so I will be doing a cage, just not as hardcore as those.

There is a in between of "rolling off black bear pass" and a light roll and that's where I want my cage build to land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdruss View Post
Check out the "Sherpa" build, they modified a 4th gen for racing and fabricated/installed a full cage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOff View Post
There was another one too.
That guy that did a King of the Hammers build, with that Marlin Crawler front end.
Thanks for those constructive suggestions guys. I don't think I'm going that gnarly on a cage but I'll take a look and see if they have some good pics on how they did it. I really only need to see the dash area. The rest of the cage is easy.

Last edited by HutchOven; 12-16-2021 at 03:56 PM.
HutchOven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote