Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 12:03 PM

Family_Wagon is on a distinguished road

Family_Wagon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked - Rebuilt View Post
I believe the $190 2" Dobinsons coils listed on Amazon are actually the C59-222V, not the C59-210v. The 210v are a stock height coil.

And Dobinsons isn't a new company, just 'new-ish' to the US market. I've been running the Dobinsons C59-137v 2in coils on my 3rd gen for 2+ years and they have been really solid for retaining comfort unloaded and then holding 600lbs of cargo and passengers with minimal sag. If I hadn't switched over to LC rear shocks for the 'long travel' i would stick with the 137v. The 137v will fall out with extended shocks (even with 1in spacers).

As for the potential benefits of the 210v, they are all speculative right now unless someone who has run them can chime in. But they are side specific to help with the driver's side lean, and 'should' offer a similiar lift as the LC coils unloaded. With the initial coil rate of 187# they should ride decently well without weight, but then when loaded you'll end up in the 217# section (similar to the OME861). So theoretically they are a blend of the LC coils for comfort and unloaded height, but can take weight like the OME861 without the ridiculous ride height.

I have a set of 210v on back order so I'll be a guinea pig for the 210v. Unfortunately they are on back order until May, so you'll have to wait.
Did you ever get your 210v’s installed? How do you like em?
Family_Wagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote