View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM

rpm773 is an unknown quantity at this point

rpm773 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CJ3Flyr
It almost sounds like it's taking some time to build brake pressure. Try turning the key on, waiting for a few seconds and then start it. See if it does the same thing...

Chris, I think you might be onto something.

When I started up the truck a few times today, the beep/lights came on and didn't go off after a few seconds. The first time I shut the vehicle down, restarted it, and they were gone. Later, when it happened again, I just let the beep/light continue in order to see what I could see.

I drove it for about 5 minutes. Every few seconds, I'd hear a "pffft pffft pffft". This was happening regardless of whether I was accelerating or on the brake. I popped the hood, and traced the sound back to the brake fluid reservoir. I observed a shot of fluid hitting the inside of the top of the reservoir in sync with the "pfffft pffft pffffft".

Maybe I'm low on fluid..I'd have to research on how to check that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm low I don't think adding brake fluid is as easy as others, as one should not let air to get into the system. But if I am low, I'm wondering how I lost some since it's a closed system.

It's pouring here, so I'll have to look into this more later
rpm773 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote