Thread: SR5 vs TRD OR
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 11:23 AM

FirefighterMTN is on a distinguished road

FirefighterMTN is on a distinguished road
SR5 vs TRD OR

Happy 2022!!

I’ve done a tons of searches and can’t find the answer to my specific question.

The down and dirty-
I’m the market for a ‘22 T4R after regretting selling my ‘14 for a 100 Series LC.

Good move for a guy who wants to look cool in the pick up line of my kids school, but not that practical. Needed a lot of work.

I’m patient, so I know I will find one, but I’m wondering how hard I should really try to find a TRD OR instead of an SR5.

I know the SR5 was plenty capable for my needs, but don’t want to regret spending $40k instead of $43k down the road.

I know the crawl control and locking diff are wonderful to have, but I never found myself in a situation where A-TRAC wasn’t enough. Am I wrong to think that Crawl Control is for people that are going on quite a bit more gnarly roads than what this flatland Midwesterner will do?