Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 05:54 PM

uhmgawa is on a distinguished road

uhmgawa is on a distinguished road
TIS factory manuals a thing of the past?

Apologies in advance if this is a FAQ but I couldn't find an answer in my rummaging around here.

My "new" 4runner is an '06 and at the time I was able to extract the associated full factory manuals using a 1 year TIS subscription I had at the time. Now that vehicle is getting up in years and I've been considering a new 4runner. Still dealing with the price shock, but more critical is availability of factory service manuals for a prospective new vehicle. I seem to recall back somewhere around 2008 hearing Toyota was making it more difficult to obtain then current vehicle factory manuals and I'm unsure what the situation is Today. I don't mind paying for the manuals outright or painfully downloading bit by bit as I'd done before. But my now vague recollection is neither may be possible for mere 4runner owners at present.

Any insight to the current state of FSM availability would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
uhmgawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote