Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 12:22 AM

thegame7 is just really nice thegame7 is just really nice thegame7 is just really nice thegame7 is just really nice

thegame7 is just really nice thegame7 is just really nice thegame7 is just really nice thegame7 is just really nice
Spare tire storage box?

This may not be an issue for most but anything over a 33” tire won’t fit in the spare tire location. I’ve come to terms with carrying a good tire plug kit and have onboard air in case I do get a flat. That being said, I’ve been looking at the stock spare location for some way to use the big empty space. What do you guys think about an aluminum box that can be lifted up in place of the spare? I haven’t figured out a hinged door setup yet but it may be as simple as a special tool that uses an impact gun to raise and lower with a hinged top to access things inside. Could throw a tow strap, emergency kit, shackles, tree savers, etc inside.

Quick CAD model to show what I’m talking about, minus the hinged top.

The last picture shows a ring that will get welded inside so the bottom portion of the tire winch won’t hang down. Overall construction would be 3/16” 6061 most likely. It is tapered, 7” at the deepest and 5” at the shallowest but overall size is 29”x26”. Ideas? Thoughts?