Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 07:28 PM

highalti2d is on a distinguished road

highalti2d is on a distinguished road
This is the only thread I could locate which is similar to my situation. I'm looking for input regarding whether this is something commonly encountered on 3rd gen 4runners.

I have a fairly clean & stock 1998 4runner Limited with 186k. Over the past couple of months, I've noticed a slight brake pedal pulsation which I attributed to possible warped rotors. A rear axle seal leak was repaired a year ago so the rear brakes are fairly new. I was planning on replacing front rotors and pads soon. However, the brake light in the dash illuminated due to master cylinder fluid dropping to minimum threshold. After sitting overnight, it appears brake fluid has been leaking from the ABS Actuator.

My findings so far: A new ABS actuator is over $700. Most used actuators appear to be in poor condition with unknown service life. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by highalti2d; 01-16-2022 at 07:37 PM. Reason: add image
highalti2d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote