Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 02:19 AM

Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough

Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough Skulking is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD7683 View Post
I'm definitely sure it was starved for a long time as the reservoir screen was completely clogged and showed early signs of failure (whining on cold starts but goes away when warm). Cleaning it was the best thing I can do for it. I will be leaving the cap off the truck tonight and see what happens in the morning. If it whines again, its definitely new pump time.
To bleed the power steering system, you want to start with the front wheels off the ground and with the car running turn slowly lock to lock a couple of times making sure to top off the fluid as the air escapes and the fluid level drops. Then put the front wheels on the ground and continue turning lock to lock a few more times. Watch the fluid level and keep topping it off. Once the level stops dropping you are good to go. Until you bleed the system it will make terrible noises when turned hard in either direction.
Skulking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote