Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 02:56 PM

chen5108 is on a distinguished road

chen5108 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked - Rebuilt View Post
I did get the 210v's installed, and I've have had them on my truck since 2020. I still really like the dual spring rate and the ability to carry a heavy load.

With that said, I would NEVER recommend these for a truck running stock weights. You'll end up pushing 5in of lift, which i've found to have a very pronounced effect on the handling dynamics of the truck. Right now I have ~3in of lift on the front, and I still have a solid rake to the truck. With a 4xinnovations plate bumper, full swingout (i.e. cook tray, dual 5gal jerry cans, hi-lift, and 33in mud tire), 10in sub, amp, recovery gear, 5 gallons of water, camping gear for four people, 55qt pelican cooler, I'm still .5-1in higher in the rear.

Now if you are running this heavy I highly recommend the 210v's, even over the OME 861s. The 210v's are progressive so you do end up getting a little better ride out of them when it is 'unloaded' (still with the plate bumper, spare, and sub). In the rocks they flex out well, zero complaints about that. If you're looking to get the most out of a permanently heavy setup I strongly recommend ditching the Bilstein 5100s and going with the Tokico Land Cruiser shocks. They have enough dampening for a 6000lb+ Land Cruiser so the won't struggle with a heavy 4runner. Not only that, they have about .5in shorter compressed length, and .5in longer extended length...also cheaper, I think I paid $43 per shock.

Just so you have all the information, my setup is: 210v's, Tokico LC shocks, Durobumps 5.25in bump stops (awesome upgrade), Eimkeith PCK, extended brake lines, relocated sway bar, poly upper control arm bushings, and new 98'+ OEM lower control arm bushings with Toytec skids. Overall, the rear of my truck is fairly dialed and works great without creaking, binding, or complaining. I've had a chance to demo 2.5in shocks for the rear, and while they are 'better', they don't add enough control to justify the price, the Tokico are good enough for 99% of what I do. Now the front is another story...after my re-gear and front locker install later this year I will be going to Radflo 2.5in coilovers. The 2.5in coilovers are a dramatic improvement over bilstein 5100s or Dobinson twin-tubes.

Well said!

I was waiting to see more people chime in on the 210V's.
I've been riding on mine for the past few months and they are comfortable for me. I run a rear steel bumper with dual swing outs, spare tire, dual jerry cans and recovery gear. With the understanding that it wasn't enough weight I added about 200# of sand. I still love the ride and I'm ready for when I need to add more weight.

My setup is, 210v's (without top isolator cone), Elka rear shocks (from SRQ), Extended brake lines, extended bake cable craket, 5.25" durobumps and both eimkeith PCK brackets.
chen5108 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote