Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 03:42 PM

MN_Pat is on a distinguished road

MN_Pat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghabe View Post
What is considered “bad weather” where you’re located? I’m assuming you’re looking for A/T tires. Any of the 3PMSF rated tires from the major brand should serve you well if you have to deal with occasional snow: BFG KO2, General Grabber ATX, Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek, Falken Wildpeak AT3…
Tire choice: Like @ghabe said, Any reputable AT tire will work well. Yes as pointed out the KO2 is not as good in snow as the Duratrac or a dedicated snow tire. How much is snow a factor in Kentucky???

Tire size: stay stock or the most popular next size with 285s. No wrong choice here. Watch for load rating changes from 265 to 285. No need for "e" rated for mild off roading.

I'm 10,000 miles into a set of GoodYear Ultra-terrains(265 sl rated). They are rapidly becoming my favorite tire ever. Quieter than the Duratracs, more aggressive than other AT options, and really good in snow. Snow and road noise were the most important factors for me. Ymmv if you don't live where winter is all consuming months on end.

Last edited by MN_Pat; 01-24-2022 at 03:58 PM.
MN_Pat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote