Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 11:39 AM

Flesh Eater will become famous soon enough

Flesh Eater will become famous soon enough
None of the above matters.

They mixed clear and ATF and it’s destroying all your components.

Flush it completely. Get some good ATF, fill it, bleed it, and I’ll bet it solves your problems.

Clear fluid does not provide the necessary lubrication ATF does.

Now, a quick and easy way to flush this is to remove the belt, pull the return hose, hook an impact to the ps pulley and turn it clockwise. It will pump all the fluid out of the gear box/rack and shouldn’t damage anything. I would personally do two cycles of ATF to make sure it’s all out.

You can also bleed systems like that without worry of running low on start up. Fill the reservoir and then hit the pulley with the impact and top off as needed. Then do the process or turning the wheels back and forth once it’s full.

I’ve rebuilt quite a few full power steering systems. Never have an issue.