Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 09:26 PM

Hog_runner is on a distinguished road

Hog_runner is on a distinguished road
Update: still troubleshooting. I've replaced the throttle body (for new throttle position sensor) as well as MAF, still same symptoms. Turns over just won't start. It has been 1 week and though it is winter we have had a few days hit highs of mid 50's and sunny. So I think there would have been ample time to dry out any connectors that may have gotten soaked. I now think I have fried my ECU. I have a new ECU on order thru ebay but I want to try to track down where the short was created before installing the new ECU and potentially frying it all over again.

FYI for future reference: just stay away from water hose in the engine bay. I know some of you are rolling your eyes, I get it. I was just trying to take care of my stuff so don't bust my balls. I did some searching here about others using pressure washers with no issue, so I thought I'd be safe. I did a procedure similar to ChrisFix on youtube. I have done that procedure twice between my old 2012 FJ Cruiser and my wife's car. During my research here, I've learned about how sensitive these 4th gens are to water. Too many threads from creek crossers frying ECU's.

I'll keep this thread updated as I go. But I sure would take any input from anyone who has had or heard of similar situations.

Last edited by Hog_runner; 02-20-2022 at 11:46 AM. Reason: history/future reference
Hog_runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote