Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 12:52 PM

rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all

rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab02 View Post
Hey all,

Just like the title says... I got into my truck a couple of weeks ago to the smell of "I left my well worn soccer cleats in the truck after a workout in the summer with the windows up" smell. You know the one, musty and mildewy.

I felt passenger carpet and it was wet. A few days of running the AC and leaving windows down in low humidity helped. But next time I got in my truck, it was back.

Cue me removing trim and pulling up front passenger carpet. Yep, it's wet.

I do not have a sunroof, and I checked the evap drain. No evidence of clog, no evidence of a leak emanating from that area.

I have Weathertechs, so it's unlikely a spill happened that soaked the carpet. Likewise, I don't think I left the window down for any appreciable amount of time.

There was some heavy rain on a few short drives, but I've never had water intrusion issues before. All body plugs and door gaskets over there seem to be in place.

Any ideas on what else could cause this? Thanks in advance!
I had a crack in a weld where the fender met the firewall in an old Tacoma once, which let in water during rainstorms that ended up in the passenger footwell. I "diagnosed" it by pulling up the carpet, putting a sprinkler on the car, and then sitting there until I saw where the drip was coming from.

Another thing you might check is if the vapor barrier in the door failed. I had that problem in my wife's Honda Pilot once.
rageandlove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote