Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 08:53 AM

RobS10 has a spectacular aura about RobS10 has a spectacular aura about

RobS10 has a spectacular aura about RobS10 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by harper7 View Post
I personally wouldn't work through just one dealer as they tend to tell you what you want to hear AND are usually professional BS'rs ,...like adding a rear slide out tray. They are factory installed ,not port or dealer and there are actually a lot of parts needed to add one including the big rear side panels to be done right like the factory.

You can check other close by dealers/regions as I'll post the map down below. Like Reno or Portland dealerships as they are in a different region. Both people with Kdss/MTM posted from the Denver region.

There are 12 different Toyota sales regions in the USA.

Each regions leaders determine what vehicles and packages are ordered and in that region and ultimately what can be ordered by us through a dealership. They say they go by past sales but who knows ,maybe a dart board is involved.

Most are owned and controlled by mother Toyota but at least 2 regions that I know of are private family owned(Gulf States and Southeast) and do there own thing with BS port installed packages/add ons that you have to pay for .No KDSS for you! Google can tell you who owns them.

When I lived in Texas ,I couldn't believe how many 2 wheel drive 4Runners there were driving around and, and on the lots. Like 10 to 1 compared to 4x4's and they sold em ,so I guess they know what their doing.

You can check what different regions offer and can be ordered by putting in the zip code of a major city in that region. You'll have to clear cookies before going to Toyota home page to change zips or else it will keep coming up the one you originally put in . I found that the Denver and Central Atlantic regions had the most KDSS's by far. Very rare in the midwest regions.

Here's the regions..
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.