Notices

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 12:31 AM

Silver.T4R will become famous soon enough

Silver.T4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZiggy View Post
Hey guys,

I've done a few more of these door stopper repairs for friends and forum members. It's a fun repair to do and I'd like to do more of them. I ordered a handful of kits to have on hand and should have a couple of sets of cores available. I should be able to do a simple core return in most cases now -- I'll send you a remanned set and then you send your old ones back to me after you do the install. I'm debating including a core fee (probably $60 or so) that I would refund after I get your cores back based on an isolated negative experience, but that could be on a case-by-case basis.

Also, sometimes the rubber bushings on the end of the rod deteriorate and there is no new replacement for these available. Some cleve folks have found these bushings on other Toyota vehicles (Camrys, etc.) and swapped them over held on with a zip tie which seems to work well. Personally I am running a couple stops with halfway busted bushings and honestly it doesn't make much difference... I think they are important when the checks are worn out and the door is allowed to swing open freely and has to stop with a lot of momentum. With fresh door check installed the door just doesn't do this anymore so you'd have to push the door to it's full open position and really try to force it beyond that for the bushings to matter.
Interested in picking up a set of these if you still have them available. Sent you a PM
Silver.T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote