View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 12:22 PM

rhodeworks is on a distinguished road

rhodeworks is on a distinguished road
I just drove a 2018 GX 460 (Premium) and a '17 4R (Limited) at a local dealer back to back. The GX was actually a few thousand cheaper as it had almost twice as many miles (80k miles vs 40k), and I was really expecting that I'd vastly prefer the GX.

While the V8 in the GX was definitely a much smoother engine and the interior was a nicer place to be, I was very surprised when I preferred driving the 4R. I found the GX to be very floaty on the road and it felt like you were driving a much bigger vehicle. I also liked the looks of the 4R much more and really wanted the roll-down rear window.

GX 460
----------
+Smoother Engine
+Significantly nicer interior (materials & comfort)
+3rd row if we ever needed it
-Ugly exterior
-Floaty, boat-like ride
-Worse cargo w/ seats down
-(Slightly) worse fuel economy
-Barn door/no roll-down window

4R Limited
----------
+More nimble handling on-road
+Better cargo capacity (no 3rd row)
+Traditional gate w/ roll-down window
+Significantly more attractive exterior
-V6 is just ok performance-wise
-Boring interior

It was still a tough decision, but I ended up going with the 4R and have been very happy!

rhodeworks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote