Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 10:35 PM

tom4416 is on a distinguished road

tom4416 is on a distinguished road
I towed a race car (Miata) on a dual axle trailer with brakes on both axles (kind of critical) all over the US from Virginia to California and everywhere in between. Monitored trans temps through a ScanGauge II and special programming for it (on their website if not standard by now). Synthetic fluids changed under the severe conditions schedule, transmission (my 03 still has a trans dipstick) fluid every 50K, 6 ply tires and locked it out of OD unless on dead flat roads like in the southwest. Gas mileage was horrendous with the V6 but it never struggled and even in the mountains, never overheated the trans although I usually dropped the speed back to 50-55. Also towed boats, jetskis, a 8 position golf cart carrier fully loaded (that one was a bit much but short hop). Air bags in the rear shocks but don't remember which ones as I put them in almost as soon as I bought the vehicle new in 2003. I would have enjoyed the V8 version more but they were essentially selling for over list in 2003.
tom4416 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote