View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 09:38 PM

comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold

comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold comtn4x4 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAK_E90 View Post
you didnt even have to cut your tabs you just bent them over? I see you left your pinch welds in tact (metal meeting above the rocker cap tab) but had to cut your liner up some (maybe 4-6"?)

TRDHULK fit 315s and this was his guide... https://i.imgur.com/887VFEh.jpg

Yes that's correct I bent the pinch welds over. However, If I had it to do again I would have ground them. When hammering the piss out of the welds it's easy to bend the body panel behind the wheel well so it doesn't line up with the door. Ask me how I know. I was able to bend it back into place but it scared the crap out of me.

Yes some have fit 35's and have no rubbing in the situations they use their rig in and with their setup. Every rig is different. My rig is pretty heavy empty and when I'm loaded up for a week out it's a damn pig. So it may be different. As I said above I use my rig hard and it's been set up like this for about 4 years. I can say with certainty it doesn't rub.

Also please keep in mind that the lift doesn't affect if your tires will rub the front or back of the fender well. As the wheel travels through it's cycle if it's gonna rub it'll do it. Assuming you actually push your suspension that far. If you don't off road heavily then you'll probably only rub in reverse with the wheel at full turn coming off your curb.

My approach is to keep the lift lower to maintain as much of the stock travel as possible. The higher you go the more down travel you sacrifice. I'd go down to 2" but I have my rear dialed in really well and it'd look weird . I still have factory ish rake FWIW. That way when I get fully loaded I still have a bit of rake or flat at worst, not reverse. If I was a trail only rig and left it loaded all the time I'd lower the front to 2" for sure

Edit: Yes the cuts in the fender liner come up 5 3/4" inch. Good eye
'13 TE w/ KDSS, 4:56 Gears, Dobinson's IMS C59-352/C59-701V, Sonoran Steel KDSS Trac Bar, Overland Custom Design Control Arms. Fuel Revolver 17x9 +1 mm 5" Backspace, Falken Wildpeak A/t3w 285/75r17, Hefty Fabworks Aluminum Front Bumper and Full Skids, C4 Fab Dual Swingout Rear Bumper, MetalTech OPOR Sliders, Northstar, Off-Grid Engineering, SPod, Blue Sea, Rigid, Baja Designs, KC HiLites, Stedi, Aplharex, National Luna, Drifta, Goose Gear, RAD Rubber Designs, Viair, Bandi Mount, URD, Gobi, ARB, Warn, Factor 55, Fourtreks, Axia Alloys, Desert Does It, Agency 6

Last edited by comtn4x4; 03-17-2022 at 09:42 PM.
comtn4x4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote