View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 11:10 AM

WEAK_E90 will become famous soon enough WEAK_E90 will become famous soon enough

WEAK_E90 will become famous soon enough WEAK_E90 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by harper7 View Post
The thing about running 34's to me is not the fit but how they made the transmission shift points off on the highway at 70mph. I ran them a year before I regeared with 4:56's and was night and day.

These are bad enough with 33's but highway driving with 34's before re-gearing ,it kept shifting back and forth between 4th and 5th gear if there was the slightest hill or puff of headwind out on the highway. That crazy shift that these things do where it downshifts and floors it at the same time then shifts and then floors it and down shifts again 30 seconds later.

Unless I kept it in 4th gear ,Tranny temps over 200, and I was heavy but no trailer, going through hills or mountains because of it shifting back and forth. Not to mention that made that the gas mileage about 10-12mpg on a good day with the gearing being off .But I was running heavy KM2 MT's but I think all 34's that I've seen are HEAVY tires.

My advice....Regear first with anything over 33's on the highway or the drive ability sucks and the transmission/torque converter will thank you. Especially if you live or are going to the mountains.

the 305s on truetire and manf say they are the same weight as my 295s. (yes circum is larger).
Im not bothered with shift points on my 295s at all... i drive like a gheezer tho. Never really loaded other then trailering a tiny trailer with da dirt bike.