Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 03:02 AM

Pavement Tested will become famous soon enough

Pavement Tested will become famous soon enough
So, I ordered the same skid plate as @ldchien off Amazon for $180. Just took delivery of it today and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed so far.

It's painted or primed, can't decide which but it is not bare aluminum. It's thick. Like 1/4" thick. It's heavier than I thought it would be. I'm betting it's heavier than the OEM plate. The hardware looks to be galvanized which is nice, but I still may swap it out for stainless. The instructions are pretty good and in plain English not that this is a difficult installation part where detailed instructions are needed. The only part I'd say is they don't tell you which bolts to use the spacers on but that's been covered previously in the thread. Mine didn't come with the TRD letters which is fine by me, wasn't going to use them anyway. I feel like this thing could take a pretty good whack and be ok.

I picked up some spray-on 3M undercoat to make it black that I'll start applying tomorrow and will update this after the installation.
2016 Trail Attitude black. 1.5" unknown brand lift, 275/70-17 Toyo Open County A/T on DX4 Rebel 17x8.5 -6, bull bumper, light bar, skid plate by Amazon, DD fogs, TRD roof rack by Craig's List, Accessorides remote start kit
Pavement Tested is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote