Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 12:42 PM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmaker1 View Post

I only have confirmation of the I4 hybrid and turbo I4. V6 is new info passed onto me, not well known from what I can see elsewhere. I'll be waiting to see how that goes...
I always appreciate your info. It's easy to just look back at the media sources and see if they were right or wrong on past predictions. Your info has always been reliable, so I find it very credible.

I think the TTv6 makes sense as a late addition. Toyota is just falling so far behind by sitting on these models for so long. They haven't done a ground up re-design since 2002. And everyone else will be offering far more powerful engine options, many of which also likely get better mpg. It seems reasonable that Toyota has been forced to make major drivetrain upgrades late in design process due to the known competition and the disappointing performance of its TNGA transmission based hybrid system.

We know the Bronco already has some powerful engine options, and the new Ranger will have the TTv6 with 400hp. The Wrangler has the big V8 now, but will almost certainly get the TTI6 engine. And the GM twins will at a minimum get the 2.7 turbo 4 and it's a lot more powerful than Toyota's TT 2.4 4cyl. So I don't think a 270hp turbo 4 as the top engine will be competitive in 2025 when everyone else has 350-400hp.

I hope that the rumor of a TTv6 tacoma or 4Runner is true. It's hard to see how Toyota can offer only the 2.4 turbo or a NA I4 hybrid based on the system in the Tundra.
Jetboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote