Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 04:26 PM
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Was the one you drove an SR5 or Limited? Apparently the Limiteds have a different windshield and front window glass to dampen outside noise? I haven't looked into it yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

The double cab does seem really short, I don't know if it's because they increased the front cab space to fit bigger people by sacrificing the rear or what, but it just looks off the moment you look at it. The crew cabs feel much much better overall. As for the fit and finish... I have to agree it's all over the place, though it seems to be steadily improving with each new batch, so I think they were in a rush to get it out this year rather than delaying it another year?

They drive surprisingly well, the new electric steering and suspension really brings confidence when you're whipping one around a roundabout or just powering around a curve. It feels fairly well planted for a big truck, even with the bed empty. The biggest issue I have with the new powertrain is the shift logic, the first couple batches we got were almost all SR5's and from a dead stop it seemed like there was a 4 second "lag" before you felt the engine really working. I wouldn't attribute all of that to turbo lag because you could feel the transmission downshifting (yes, downshifting from a dead stop with full throttle acceleration) before you felt the turbos spool up. Was really disappointing and rather annoying.

But, now that we're getting more TRDs and Limiteds I've noticed that almost 4 second lag is closer to 2? I don't know if they're updating transmission logic as they go or if they are tuning lower grade trims differently than higher grade trims? But whatever the change is, it makes the truck feel so much better and more like it should. I think Once they iron out the first model year bugs it'll be a solid workhorse.
BlackWorksInc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote