Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 09:39 AM

Mo's TE is on a distinguished road

Mo's TE is on a distinguished road
Update 13APR22

Hi Everyone

I pulled the trigger about 3 weeks ago. Kit was installed by Magnuson reseller in Dubai.

Techs did a good job overall the only thing that did not work for me was the plastic clip that holds the engine cooling hose coming from the radiator to the engine did not play nice and failed. Result was hose rubbing against the SC belt. Zip tied it back and have the part on order.

Using the handheld ECU reader/ flasher I made the initial reading while the techs were installing the SC. That the WRONG thing to do apparently you have to do the initial read of the ECU prior to unplugging anything before starting the install. I did not know that, learned the hard way. Post install I did not start the runner since I did not have the flash file from Magnuson. Put her on a flat bed and took her home. Hooked up the charger and waited for Magnuson to come back to me.

The ECU read that I did resulted in a blank file. Magnuson could not help I had to make another read, which was successful at the end. Received the flash file 3 days behind schedule.

Started the runner and eased into the first run.

Since then, I put 1k mile on it and it's been good so far, she feels lighter and definitely quicker and the best part is the eliminating gear hunting while going uphill at 120 - 140 Km/h. It does happen occasionally. BUT it's not night and day difference maybe I can get more power and acceleration if I invest more into intake downpipes etc. but where do I draw the kinda thing. Currently she feels 15 to 20% more powerful prior to the install. Butt dyno that is.

I think if you have $6K to $7K to spare then go for it, keep in mind that the power increase is not gonna be substantial or it will not convert the 4runner to a BMW X5. I have one. The added power is most noticeable below 100Km/h. especially if you have a lift and heavy set of tires like mine 285s.

I hope this will helps. Regards
Mo's TE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote