Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 08:31 AM

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman240 View Post
Hey Brian i just bought a 2002 4runner with all keys lost...Is it possible that programming will work even though i have no valid keys....I live in Senoia Ga...pretty close to you...Any help would be great..
Yup, can be done (and is basically what I've done). Lots more involved than the link you quoted but I can help you out.

The one thing you absolutely must have is a chip key:

Toyota Transponder Key TOY43AT4 692062 89785-26020 which has a 4C transponder chip.

that's cut to your ignition so it'll physically function. If you don't have the key code on any paperwork, it can be found on the passenger door lock cylinder. It's a pretty easy thing to pull and check, usually a letter and 4 numbers.

Past that, we will need to pull the body ECU, do some soldering, some chip programming, more soldering, re-installation and then key programming.

I had 4 keys ready when I did this for myself because it's a lot of fuss to just have 1 key. One of my 4 (a cheap 2 for $10 ebay/chinesium key) was a complete failure so I ended up with 3. I'd highly recommend getting at least 2 keys, but your call. Dealer is expensive at $30/key but you know what you're getting.

Send me a private message with your contact info so we can touch base.

Last edited by Brian.; 04-18-2022 at 08:36 AM.
Brian. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote