Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Elite Member

BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold BlackWorksInc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket27 View Post
Hello all!

Replacing my wheel hub assemblies as my front wheel bearings both were in need of swapping. Got the drivers side one done with minimal hiccups. Passenger side is really giving me a run for my money. Will post pics in a little when I get off work, but I cant seem to get the base of the hub separated from the spindle/knuckle. Ive got the bolts holding it in all the way out, cv is loose, and now the bearing appears to have separated. Ive soaked it in pb blaster over the last two days, tried hitting it from all sorts of angles and different hammers, tried heat. Cant get a gap to appear between it and the dust shield. Close to pulling the knuckle out and bringing it to a shop, but wanted to see if anyone had any advice before then. Thanks!
Thread in the 4 retaining bolts for the hub assembly back into the spindle about 3-4 threads or enough that you can spin the hub without hitting them and still have about an 1/8" gap between the back of the stud on the hub and the bolt. Get a large pry bar and wedge it between the stud and bolt and use that to pry the hub out of the spindle assembly (pushing into the bolt which is your spindle fulcrum point). Do this in a cross pattern slowly and carefully to "wigggle" the hub out of the spindle. Was a trick a coworker showed be and works way better than a hammer or slide hammer most of the time.
BlackWorksInc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote