Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 12:12 AM

bayaz will become famous soon enough

bayaz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeepoo3 View Post
Sounds like a relay when you say click and makes sense it would do this at restarting the vehicle after a malfunction. Engaging 4wd doesn't make a click that I have ever noticed.. The f_uckin module works properly I guarantee 95%, just intermittently, so it's not the issue partner. It's in the circuit somewhere.. try to get it to f_ck up for them on the way to the shop so they can plug it into techstream drive it and read live stream data.. Anyways give all these details SUPER specific to the technician and his BOSS.. go in there knowing what the f_ck you're talking about so they can't circle jerk you around the fourth time. Going around a corner sharply deactivating your skid ECU is a symptom of improper zero point calibration. That's exactly what happened to me after 3" lift.. Be sweet and cute like blackworks said or they'll just keep f_cking you around. Request the proper diagnostics and results. THEY SHOULD BE TESTING FOR CONTINUITY AND PROPER VOTALGE SIGNAL/VALUES UPON SWITCHING BETWEEN 2 AND 4WD WITHIN THE CIRCUIT. THIS DIAGNOSTIC IS CONDUCTED BETWEEN THE A.D.D. CONNECTOR AND 4WD ECU.. Request these circuit tests and proper functionality in the circuit printed out with values included to ensure they actually did their job without being an as$hole. If they try to replace the module again request they perform the DIAGNOSTIC I'M ATTACHING for you also at the bottom to determine if it works properly before repeating this dild0 cycle. Also I'm attaching the circuit testing values they need to provide you with, the values may not be the same but the same principles apply upon switching to and from 2wd, 4wd. This is where I have issues and tell them to get f_cked and proceed on my own. I do this sh!t all myself having a 2010 with no warranty, scannerdanner style with nothing but a test light. I can vouch that Toyota 4wd is f_cking amazing after 100,000 miles of mostly foresting adrenaline junkie style, hard!, even without the skid functions if you know how to drive, she'll beast right through!. Don't get discouraged and make them get this resolved. These modules all linked together are the problem, Toyota engineers need to simplify communication and make each module readable for input DTC codes instead of following a dufass flow chart that says replace module for every code. Durp.
Thank you! I appreciate you feeling my pain. I’ve honestly been so discouraged with the repeated 4x4 issues that I’ve been looking at other vehicles.

Yeah, I also feel very strange seeing all this stuff pop up yet also seeing guys take Toyotas through the Road of Bones and the Artic circle without issues. Do you mind describing the issues that you had after your 3” lift that you mentioned? I did have zero point calibration done by an alignment shop. I’m just trying to figure out the best way to approach it. The code is thrown intermittently and then goes away when the truck restarts, so chances are I won’t be able to replicate before dealer except by pure luck. But I was thinking of raising the issue of 4x4 not engaging (blinking 4x4) and going away and then showing the current issue to the dealer. Maybe they can use tech stream to read the codes. My truck’s issues have only been handled by the master mechanic at my local dealer. And I’ve spoken to the man. He told me that the ADD failure is very rare in his experience. The Car Care Nut (YouTube channel, also Toyota master mechanic) confirmed that ADD is generally very reliable. This leads back to me thinking that the ECU is likely the culprit.
bayaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote