Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 08:35 PM

cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold

cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold cl4Rk is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
I much rather do black bear pass then Redcone webster! The trails you mentioned are great experience for you with one exception. Redcone is loose gravel dirt and some years is worse then others.
With your experience and group of vehicles it should be fine.plus a good spotter. You will get hung up and drag your fuel and engine skids. The gate keeper obstacle at the start has pretty good size rocks. Would be an advantage to have rock rails and skids. With 32's no matter how good of a line, you will still scrape a bit. The trail past the creek is narrow, rutted but hopefully dry. It has sharp rocks and tree stumps roots etc. Also big boulders, going over them with 35s is a challenge and impossible with 32's. Going around them is tight, off camber with slippery tree roots etc but doable, rear locker would be awesome here but picking the high line with a spotter should work. The boulder field after that has some easy and challenging lines but you should be good with your setup for moderate lines. It is relatively easy to the top. Puckrup butter cup time. The steepest slippery, loose part of the trail. Down hill a narrow ridge road with steep drop offs tires sliding sideways. 4lo and go slow locking up the brakes will cause you to jack knife and slide. feather the brake keep the tires rolling. Keep a really good distance from the vehicle in front. It is a very long white knuckle ride but a good shot of adrenaline before Webster pass. Other then that it is beautiful and fun so have fun.

Thanks for the detailed reply! Very helpful.

Based on your description, the write ups I’ve found online, and videos people have uploaded, it sounds like my truck is right on the edge of “maybe” and “depends on the weather.”

Knowing how much I’d hate to sustain any real damage, I probably shouldn’t attempt this trail without at least a gas skid and rear locker..
cl4Rk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote