Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 11:09 AM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWorksInc View Post
Would be cool to see those, the only one I saw for the V35A-FTS looked like a shallow ramp with a plateau. When the EcoBoosts first came out, Ford's diagrams looked basically like a mesa starting relatively low and staying very flat. But I agree, testing may be a bit tricky... I would just rather not end up with another 3rd gen Tacoma situation or be forced to get the hybrid option simply because the non-hybrid is too gutless where you need it.

Time will tell once more people start playing with the vehicles, so we just have to wait.
All I can really say at this point is that the v35A feels really powerful in the tundra. The mileage is not as good as I expected. And the only time I've driven one of the turbo 4s from Toyota what was the weekend that we ended up with the NX 200 t loaner. I was not impressed at all. It should have felt substantially zippier vs a heavier RX 350 at 5,000 ft. And it didn't. I hope the turbo 2.4 is whole lot better better. On paper it should be. Have you had a chance to drive one?

But a lot of it comes down to how Toyota implements the tune in the transmission and gearing. I'm not very optimistic given how weak of an effort they did on the current Tacoma. And the hybrid solution for the Sequoia is just a head scratcher. Really hard to understand how that ever made it past the drawing table. They basically got none of the great things that hybrids can do out of a hybrid. And maybe interior worse. And probably made towing, hauling, and nearly everything else worse too.

I think the best case scenario is that they build a version of the V35A for the Tacoma and 4runner. But I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Jetboy; 05-20-2022 at 11:14 AM.
Jetboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote