Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 08:50 AM

DesertDog is on a distinguished road

DesertDog is on a distinguished road
FS: Used James Baroud Evasion (regular size) Rooftop Tent RTT. Bought in 2016, used probably 20-nights or so over the years. Overall, it is in good used condition, with a long, functional life left. You are getting this tent for approximately 1/2 the cost of new (assuming you can find one in stock and shipped to you at an affordable rate).

The solar fan still works very well. Mattress is comfortable and comes with a 1-inch topper. Will also come with flannel sheets. Available with Rhino Rack crossbars and SX005 feet to fit a 5th gen 4Runner (2010+) for an additional $50. New soft corded zipper pulls installed.

Overall, the James Baroud Evasion is a fabulous tent, with the best fabric in the RTT market (aluminized fabric is super breathable and waterproof), great windows for ventilation and views, and other little details that make it the best traditional hard shell tent on the market. It holds heat well in winter and cools nicely in summer, even here in the desert. Only reason I'm selling is because I need a larger tent for my family and looking at the folding iKamper. For detailed specs from the manufacturer, visit Evasion

However, in the interest of full disclosure, it is used item and there are some things to note and shown in the pictures. There is a smaller than dime-sized cosmetic ding in the interior upper fabric near the netting (the roof is fulling intact and sealed). On the outside, there is a rock ding in the shell near the front right latch. The fiberglass and backing rubber seal remain in place and there has never been any sign of leakage. There is a little bit of brassing and light rust spots on the latches where the black coating has worn off, easily repairable with a light sanding and reapplication of paint (though truthfully, the latches are fine and I'm simply being overly-conservative in disclosing this item). The interior light battery only holds a short charge at this point.

$2250, local pickup in Santa Fe NM 87507 required. I've got positive feedback on eBay, FredMiranda.com (high end camera gear), and WatchUSeek (watch sales). You will be responsible for figuring out what mounting feet you need for your vehicle (check at Rhino Rack to see which feet match your vehicle if you want to use the included RhinoRack cross bars). I'm happy to allow you to inspect the tent. It is currently on a hoist in the garage, and I can also help (within reason) on installing the tent on your vehicle. I've got positive feedback on eBay, FredMiranda.com (high end camera gear), and WatchUSeek (watch sales). Contact me through direct message here.
Attached Images
5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-baroud-8-jpg  5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-james-baroud-3-jpg  5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-james-baroud-1-jpg  5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-james-baroud-4-jpg  5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-james-baroud-9-jpg  5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-james-baroud-5-jpg  5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-james-baroud-7-jpg  5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread-james-baroud-6-jpg 

Last edited by DesertDog; 05-30-2022 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Price cut and updated pictures
DesertDog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote