Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 10:45 AM

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something_Awesome View Post
You are the man! I will probably go without the aluminum. In which case I think an m8 x 35mm bolt should do the trick. Though I will also have to take in to account our differences in box thickness.

I am starting to think I want to return my V730 for a Pelican 1720 in tan. Amazon has free returns. I will. I am thinking the slightly lower profile 1720 still has enough height for me.
I would recommend the 1720 or the larger 1750. there is good height in the 1720, I use the foam insert in the top in case I hit some big bumps and to keep things firm in there. if I start adding too much stuff up there I'll lose the foam to make more room

ya m8 35mm will be more than enough. I could have ran m8 35mm with the aluminum but that would have left zero threads exposed at the top. I like to keep 2-3 threads protruding past the nut as a matter of good practice

if you are going to do an easy on/off set up like I have think about reinforcing the bottom of the case. you could use some large 24mm fender washers over the nut before placing the case on instead of the aluminum. the aluminum reinforcement attached to the case is a bit overkill but I wanted to test it out. I also have a habit of using the side handles on the case to pull myself up to get to the roof. what you don't want is the case bending around the mount holes from it resting on just the bolts. the plastic is good quality and pretty thick but still I just wanted to be safe